The Development Policy Centre (Devpolicy) is a think tank for aid and development serving Australia, the region, and the global development community. We undertake independent research and promote practical initiatives to improve the effectiveness of Australian aid, to support the development of Papua New Guinea and the Pacific island region, and to contribute to better global development policy. Our discussion papers, policy briefs and reports make our research available for all. Our events are fora for the dissemination of findings and the exchange of information and ideas. The Devpolicy Blog is our platform for analysis, discussion and debate. We are based at Crawford School of Public Policy in the College of Asia and the Pacific at The Australian National University.
The Development Policy blog provides a platform for the best in aid and development analysis, with a focus on Australia, the Pacific and Asia.
- An op-ed by Stephen Howes on labour migration, climate change and the Pacific appeared across Fairfax Media titles. » read more
- Visiting Fellow Paul Flanagan spoke to Pacific Beat about his latest analysis on the PNG economy. » read more
- Robin Davies was interviewed by the Phnom Penh Post on aid and the Cambodia refugee deal. » read more
- The launch of Matthew Dornan's new paper on road maintenance in Port Moresby was covered by local media. » read more
- Events on gender parity and education featured on ABC News. » read more
- Terence Wood spoke to Pacific Beat on his new paper on supporting women political candidates in Solomon Islands. » read more