- Asia & the Pacific Policy Studies
- Annual Australasian Aid Conference
- The Mitchell Orations
- PNG Update
- Pacific Update
- Australian aid
- Aid stakeholder survey
- PNG Project
- Pacific Research Program
- Pacific labour mobility
- PNG and Pacific scholars
- Global development policy
- Support us
- Contact us
2021 aid budget breakfast
9–10am 12 May 2021
Register here to receive a link to the Zoom webinar.
On Tuesday 11 May 2021, the Treasurer Josh Frydenberg will hand down the 2021-22 Federal Budget. What will it mean for foreign aid? Will there be further aid increases? If there are, how will they be presented? And where and how will they be targeted?
Join the Development Policy Centre for its ninth (and second virtual) aid budget breakfast. Professor Stephen Howes will bring you the latest analysis from Devpol on what the aid budget means for Australia, for the region and for the development sector.
This webinar is free and open to the public. It will be recorded, and the recording will be made available after the event through the Development Policy Centre website.» read more
Pacific Migration Research Workshop
9am–5pm 17 June 2021
The ANU Development Policy Centre will host a one-day workshop with research papers presented for discussion with an audience of researchers, policymakers, and practitioners.
Topics of interest include:
- Pacific Islanders’ participation in and access to temporary and permanent migration programs, and its social and economic impacts;
- Employment, remittances, economic mobility, and wellbeing of Pacific Islanders in Australia and New Zealand; and
- Regional labour markets, particularly horticulture, viticulture, and agriculture in Australia and New Zealand.
Submissions have now closed.
The workshop program will be available and registrations will open on Monday 10 May.
Registrations to attend the workshop in person or via the live stream will be free.
Presentations will be recorded and available after the event on the Development Policy Centre website.» read more