- Asia & the Pacific Policy Studies
- Annual Australasian AID Conference
- The Mitchell Orations
- PNG Update
- Pacific Update
- Australian aid
- PNG Project
- Pacific Research Program
- Pacific migration
- PNG and Pacific scholars
- Global development policy
- Support us
- Contact us
The Development Policy Centre (Devpol) is a think tank for aid and development serving Australia, the region, and the global development community. We undertake independent research and promote practical initiatives to improve the effectiveness of Australian aid, to support the development of Papua New Guinea and the Pacific island region, and to contribute to better global development policy. Our discussion papers, policy briefs and reports make our research available for all. Our events are fora for the dissemination of findings and the exchange of information and ideas. The Devpolicy Blog is our platform for analysis, discussion and debate. We are based at Crawford School of Public Policy in the College of Asia and the Pacific at The Australian National University.
The Devpolicy Blog provides a platform for the best in aid and development analysis, with a focus on Australia, the Pacific and Asia.
To subscribe to our newsletter, please visit the contact us and subscribe page or Join Our Mailing List section of the Devpolicy Blog .
- Stephen Howes spoke to ABC Pacific Beat about changes to Australia's Pacific labour program. » read more
- Stephen Howes spoke this week in Port Moresby about PNG's forex shortages. » read more
- Stephen Howes spoke to ABC Pacific about Australian aid funding of $17m for the Pacific Games in Solomon Islands. » read more
- Stephen Howes spoke to RNZ Pacific Waves about the use of Australian aid to fund the Pacific Games. » read more
- The call for papers is now open. We invite abstracts and panels that broadly address the theme of “resilient and diverse development” by Friday 2 June. » read more
- The recording and presentation from the 2023 aid budget breakfast are now available online! » read more
Updated: 1 June 2023/Responsible Officer: Devpolicy Admin/Page Contact: CAP Web Team