- Asia & the Pacific Policy Studies
- Annual Australasian Aid Conference
- The Mitchell Orations
- PNG Update
- Pacific Update
- Aid stakeholder survey
- PNG Project
- Pacific Research Program
- Pacific labour mobility
- PNG and Pacific scholars
- Support us
- Contact us
The PNG Budget Database is an Excel spreadsheet which compiles information from PNG national government budgets from 1989 to 2020.
The database is designed to be used by any member of the public, government, NGO, media or researcher for their own analysis and comparisons over time.
The database has been compiled to be in the same format as the original budget documents and compiles information about revenue, expenditure, GDP, inflation, finance and debt from Volume 1 of successive budgets.
The database is updated twice yearly, when the FBO (Final Budget Outcome) is released, and then at budget time.
The primary author of the database is Rohan Fox, but many people at the Development Policy Centre have collaborated over several years and contributed many hours to produce the database. Our thanks to them all.
For those who want to use the database in their work. Please acknowledge the database as the Devpolicy PNG Budget Database, with the date accessed and the following URL. https://devpolicy-crawford-anu-edu-au.virtual.anu.edu.au/png-project/png....
Download the PNG Budget Information Database by clicking the download link below. Previous databases are included below the most recent version. The most recent database uses data from the 2020 Budget.
• PNG Budget Information Database - 2020 Budget - released November 2019
Past budget databases, from most recent to least.
• PNG Budget Information Database - 2018 Final Budget Outcome - released March 2019
• PNG Budget Information Database - 2019 Budget - released November 2018
• PNG Budget Information Database - 2017 Final Budget Outcome - released March 2018
• PNG Budget Information Database - 2018 Budget - released November 2017
• PNG Budget Information Database - 2016 Final Budget Outcome - released March 2017
• PNG Budget Information Database - 2017 Budget - released November 2016
The following are examples of blogs and articles that have used the PNG Budget database:
Other blogs, presentations and articles
This page collects budgetary analysis published using the Budget Database both within the Development Policy Centre and outside. No endorsement is implied of the analysis linked to.